Hello, and welcome to Life and Food with Soul, a food blog, and my little corner of the internet where I share my love for life, food, and cooking.
My name is Jessica. My husband, Doug and I live in Northern Virginia with our son Michael, our two dogs Pumba and Leo, and our friendly cat, Blue.
I started Life and Food with Soul simply because I love cooking for others and I figure why not share my recipes with readers who share my love for cooking for the ones they love. You’ll find that most of my posts will be recipes, but occasionally I will share bits and pieces of my adventures in life with you too.
Thanks for stopping by!
10 fun facts about me:
1. I am a serious Grey’s Anatomy fan, it is my absolute favorite show. I re-watch earlier seasons when I’m in a mood.
2. I’ve big chopped twice. First going natural in 2011 and then cutting off my locs in 2017.
3. I have 6 tattoos
4. I’m a third degree black belt
5. I’ve traveled to 19 states and 3 countries overseas
6. I’m an only child
7. For 3 years I successfully owned and ran my calligraphy business Jessica Barbee Calligraphy and I loved every minute of it.
8. I went to culinary school
9. I’ve been married to my best friend for almost 8 years
10. I lived in Idaho for 2 years