I don’t think there’s anything better than the combination of bacon, egg, cheese, and diced potatoes, topped with a little green onion. Just the thought of this tasty breakfast dish makes my mouth water. We usually wait until we have a lazy Saturday here at home to make this delicious brunch entree, but I want to share it with you today and let you know this is the perfect breakfast or brunch option for Christmas Day. It’s easy, it’s quick, and it just tastes really good. Enjoy!
Start off with a little butter and olive oil in a piping hot pan, then add some chopped garlic.
The best thing about a dish like this you literally just throw everything into the pan, cook, stir, and done! Add the potatoes, spices, and season well.
Add bacon and diced red pepper to the pan, stir cover and cook until the potatoes are soft, and cooked throughout. When your potatoes are soft, crack in the eggs and lightly scramble with cheese, top with green onion and serve. No one will be disappointed!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 7 oz bacon sliced
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 lb potatoes diced
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp season all
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- green onion finely sliced for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a medium saucepan over medium/high heat. Add butter and olive oil and let the butter melt.
2. Add garlic to the pan, sauté for about 30 seconds. Be careful not to let the garlic burn.
3. Add in potatoes & spices, stir, and cover. Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the bacon and diced red pepper, stir and recover, and cook for 5-6 minutes.
5. Using a spoon or spatula, make 4 wells in the hash and crack an egg into each well.
6. Lightly scramble each egg, in each well and sprinkle cheese over the hash.
7. Garnish with green onion, plate and enjoy.
What I used: