Anyone who knows me well knows that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. During the holidays, between the cold weather and the family festivities, I like to enjoy a warm and savory quiche every know and then. My Quiche Lorraine perfect for breakfast and even better for brunch if you’re having friends and family over for the holidays. I hope you enjoy one of my family favorites!
For Pie Crust: I occasionally make my crusts from scratch, but this recipe is for the filling only. When using store-bought crust, follow the directions on the packaging to line the crust in the pie dish and prepare it for baking. Set the pie dish aside.
- 6 eggs beaten
- Pie crust store-bought
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 6 oz bacon
- Green onion thinly sliced
- 3/4 heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350˚.
2. In a medium skillet, cook bacon until crispy, chop and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until fluffy, then add bacon, milk, heavy cream, cheese, green onion, salt & pepper, and stir.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the ready-to-bake pie crust and bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until the custard is set. The crust should be golden brown.
5. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
What I used: