Anyone who knows me well knows that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. During the holidays, between the cold weather and the family festivities, I like to enjoy a warm and savory quiche every know and then. My Quiche Lorraine perfect for breakfast and even better for brunch if you’re having friends and family over for the holidays. I hope you enjoy one of my family favorites!
Quiche dishes are as easy as cooking gets, and for such little work they are simply delicious! Just mix all of your ingredients together in a medium size bowl, season with salt and pepper, and pour the mixture into the already crusted pie dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes and enjoy!
For Pie Crust: I occasionally make my crusts from scratch- particularly during the holidays- but this recipe is for the filling only. When using store-bought crust, follow the directions on the packaging to line the crust in the pie dish and prepare it for baking and set the pie dish aside.
- 6 eggs beaten
- Pie crust store-bought
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 6 oz bacon
- Green onion thinly sliced
- 3/4 heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350˚.
2. In a medium skillet, cook bacon until crispy, chop and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until fluffy, then add bacon, milk, heavy cream, cheese, green onion, salt & pepper, and stir.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the ready-to-bake pie crust and bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until the custard is set. The crust should be golden brown.
5. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
What I used: